Saturday, September 25, 2004
1) Here are the major films coming out nationwide this weekend: First Daughter, The Forgotten, and The Last Shot. Which are you most likely to see, and why?
I hadn’t heard anything about The Last Shot until I clicked the link, and it doesn’t look very interesting. I’d probably see Forgotten first. And watch First Daughter when it comes out on DVD/cable.
2) What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. Which reminds me, I haven’t finished the entry I wrote up on it yet.
3) Okay, your eyes weren’t watering because you accidentally rubbed popcorn salt in them, admit it already! Last movie that made you cry in the theater?
I’ve never cried in a movie theatre. I think the last time my eyes watered during a movie was Titanic. And also there’s The Lord of the Rings, but those were tears of joy.
4) What was the year’s most underrated film?
I don’t know. :p
(from Friday Five)
Saturday, July 24, 2004
The original Friday Five meme has been gone for a long time now, but there’s a new friday five.
1. What are three things that scare you?
Noises I can’t identify, seeing people’s insides (although that disgusts me more than it scares me, really), and mosquitoes.
2. What are three things you want to do before you die?
Visit Africa, fall in love, and go swimming with a dolphin. :heart:
3. What are three of your favorite quotes or sayings?
Any quote from Calvin and Hobbes.
4. What are three things you don’t understand?
How boys work, why there is so much evil in the world, and tax accounting.
5. Finally, what are three survey themes you wish people would write surveys for?
I don’t know. I guess TV shows, summer food (as in refreshing drinks for hot days), and furniture.
Friday, April 23, 2004
I’ve been sitting here in the computer lab for the past 50 minutes waiting for the scanner to be freed up. Some girl is using it to scan in her photos (she’s got like 3 rolls worth!) and all I need to scan is one page. *grrr* But, she won’t give it up, because she said she’d be done soon, but that was a long time ago.
So I thought I’d do an old Friday Five, the October 5/01 one.
1. What’s on top of your refrigerator?
Cereal, some ice cream cones that have probably gone stale (we haven’t bought ice cream to eat it with in a while!), and coasters.
2. What’s your favorite meal of the day?
Dinner. I rarely eat breakfast these days, and lunches are light.
3. Wash dishes by hand or in the dishwasher? What detergent do you use?
I wash dishes by hand. No gloves, even though my hands get all wrinkled afterwards. I don’t remember what brand of detergent I use, but it’s apple-scented.
4. How often do you eat out compared to eating in?
85% of the time, I eat in.
5. How do you plan to spend your weekend?
I don’t envision an exciting weekend ... it’s going to be studying, studying and more studying.
Friday, March 05, 2004
1. ...your first grade teacher’s name? Right now I am getting the name of my first grade teacher and the name of my brother’s first grade teacher’s mixed up. We both were taught by her, but I can’t remember if she taught me in Grade 1 and taught my brother in Grade 4, or if she taught me in Grade 4 and taught my brother in Grade 1. Anyway, this teacher’s name is Ms. Soper.
2. ...your favorite Saturday morning cartoon? I had a lot ... I remember watching a lot of Looney Toons ones (Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Sylvester and Tweety, Wile E. Coyote, etc.).
3. ...the name of your very first best friend? Joleen. She moved to the States in Grade 4. But the last time I was in HK (three years ago), my mom and I ran into her maid! She recognized my mom!
4. ...your favorite breakfast cereal? Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes. I don’t remember there being much choices for cereal ...
5. ...your favorite thing to do after school? Read books, play games.
This wasn’t *that* long ago, but still, I had to think a bit… what does that say about my memory?
Saturday, February 21, 2004
I’m one day late for this thing.
When was the last time you…
1. ...went to the doctor? In September of last year. My skin suddenly became red and itchy all over my body. The doctor couldn’t help, luckily the itchiness went away by itself after a week or so.
2. ...went to the dentist? Ahh, I haven’t gone to the dentist in over a year. Which is why my mom was bugging me about setting up an appointment with the dentist when I go back to T.O. for slack week.
3. ...filled your gas tank? I don’t own a car, so I don’t need to fill up. Public transportation is good enough for me, for now. The gas prices are so expensive nowadays.
4. ...got enough sleep? Today . I slept for like 9 hours. But when was the last time I had a resting, peaceful sleep? Way too long ago…...
5. ...backed up your computer? Mid October. That was because I had to format my computer. I really should back my computer up again soon, as soon as I get some CD-Rs.
Friday, January 16, 2004
1. What does it say in the signature line of your emails?
Directly cut and pasted. (It’s supposed to be an owl if you view it with a fixed width font)
(O,O) Click to Race for the Rainforest
( ) http://rainforest.care2.com/i?p=811512811
2. Did you have a senior quote in your high school yearbook? What was it? If you haven’t graduated yet, what would you like your quote to be?
I did have a senior quote, but I don’t remember what it was exactly. I’ll have to look it up in my yearbook. :p
3. If you had vanity plates on your car, what would they read? If you already have them, what do they say?
This question is easy. It’d either be “DB87” or “2VONNE”. (Explanation is here)
4. Have you received any gifts with messages engraved upon them? What did the inscription say?
My dad gave me a fountain pen many years ago, with my name engraved on the pen cap. (I love this fountain pen, I don’t even use it often because I don’t want to ruin it.) Also, I once volunteered for a job fair, and as a present I got this engraved ballpoint pen with “All Campus Job Fair” on it.
5. What would you like your epitaph to be?
.... ?! .... have to double check what that word means first.
Ok, I guess it would say “She lived a long life and made a difference in the world.”
Page 1 of 1 pages