Wednesday, November 30, 2005
- Tabs can be re-ordered without having to use an extension
- FF displays a page when there’s an error instead of having a popup window
- Ability to use the at-rule for matching on site/document URL. I won’t have to use an extension any longer.
I noticed that I could type in slashes in the address bar with keywords again . And they seemed to have fixed this bug where there would be white lines appearing over images when the images are in an overflowed div.
Also, there were a couple of extensions that were disabled because they wouldn’t work with 1.5, but I was able to find updated versions at the Add-ons site. I’m just waiting for the Furl Toolbar, Bookmarks Synchronizer, and ChromEdit extensions to be updated and I’ll be set!
Tuesday, November 29, 2005
- I saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire last week. Great movie. I thought it was strange that Hermione said the word “Auror” differently than I did. She stressed the first syllable, the “Au” part, so when I heard her say it, it sounded like “Aura”. I’d always pronounced it by stressing the second syllable, so that it sounds like the name “Aurora”. But then, I thought Hermione was pronounced “Hermy-own” until The Goblet of Fire (the book) came out.
- I’ve tried pronouncing Auror the correct way several times, but I can’t get the hang of it!
- Every time I install Quicktime (which I have to do whenever I upgrade iTunes), I have to disable the Quicktime icon on the system tray. It is so annoying. Why can’t it remember past preferences and stay away from the system tray??
- Alias is going to be cancelled after the end of this season. I’ll be sad to see it end, althought maybe it’s for the best. They’ll have a lot of things to explain by the end of this season!
Tuesday, November 22, 2005
I haven’t done a poll since September. I do have a question now that I can ask, as it came up recently. Do any of you have brothers or sisters, and if you do, do you look alike?
My brother and I don’t look alike. You probably wouldn’t be able to tell that we’re related. He has long eyelashes, while mine are short. He can even eat a lot of food and still stay skinny, while I can’t. (I hate that!)
Saturday, November 19, 2005
In the past 12 hours my site was down twice. I wasn’t too upset about it the first time, but the second time I was pretty pissed off.
Wednesday, November 16, 2005
I’ve made yet another mood theme – a Tintin one. I’ve set it as the default theme over here. Can you tell I love reading comic books?
Sunday, November 13, 2005
- Mighty:: Mouse
- Gotta find time to ….:: Relax
- Statistic:: Math
- Midnight:: Owl
- Thaw:: Frozen Meat
- Hips:: Waist
- Reader:: RSS
- Related:: Cousin
- Brilliant:: Fab
- Posture:: Bad
(from Unconscious Mutterings)
Saturday, November 12, 2005
I used some nail polish remover on my nails this morning, and it caused my the skin on my fingers to start peeling. It looks really gross right now, like I’ve been playing with glue. This has never happened to me before, but I think it may be because the nail polish remover is over 3 years old.
Saturday, November 12, 2005
A couple of updates to mention. I have 2 mood themes available for download – one is for the movie The Notebook, and the other is of Pacey from Dawson’s Creek. I especially loved making the Pacey mood theme. He’s my favourite character on the show, and I got to go through an entire folder of screencaps just of him – it was so much fun. As for The Notebook mood theme, I completed it in September and forgot about making it available.
Wednesday, November 09, 2005
Most of the time I don’t remember my dreams. When I wake up, I think to myself, “don’t forget this part of the dream where….”, and then the next second, I forget what I told myself to remember. If I do remember something, I usually lose a lot of the details of the dream within 10 minutes.
In the dreams that I do remember, I have noticed a couple of recurring themes.
- Colours/Light and Dark – I can recall the colour of buildings, walls, clothing, etc. If a room is dark or it’s bright I’ll notice it. This is a detail I can remember more often than say, faces of people. For example, in the last dream that I can remember, I was walking from the parking lot into a plaza. I passed by a shop with a green awning and yellow letters on it. I don’t know what kind of shop it was, and I didn’t even go inside that shop – I went into the store next to it.
- Racing – I can remember at least 4 dreams where I’m in a race. This started around the time I started watching The Amazing Race (a reality TV show where teams race around the world) last season. Sometimes I’m in a hurry and panicking, and sometimes I’m relaxed and taking my time. I’m always matched up with a partner to race with in these dreams.
- Math Class – I have had several dreams where I’m taking a math class. They were all in different classrooms, with different teachers. I skipped 99% of the lessons. In one dream, I looked in my calendar and noticed that I had a math paper due for that class, and I didn’t even care about writing it and handing it in. In another dream, the classroom was at the top of a building, and I had to climb a long flight of stairs (in a dark, narrow staircase) to get to it. I started climbing the stairs, and then decided it wasn’t worth it, and then went to another class! (I think it was art class.)
- Taking a bus and getting off at the wrong stop – I have dreamed this happening a couple of times, and near places I’ve lived in. I’d get off at a stop before or after the one I was supposed to get off and then walk back. In another one, I was in a race! I got off, and the bus driver told me to take another bus, so I walked a block or two in some downtown area.
Strange hmmm? All of my dreams are strange really. I can’t get any meaning from them.
Monday, November 07, 2005
I’ve gotten quite a bit comment spam lately, usually after I send out a ping. So I’ve decided to enable captchas on the main weblog again. This had better stop the spammers.